Thursday, September 29, 2011

Not What I Wanted

Hi my little pretties and  handsomes! I hope everything is going well for you in your life...  And all your prayers and wishes are coming into view!  Or... Maybe that's not what I wish for you at all because that's not exactly what's happening in my life...

Allow me to explain.... I'm not wishing non-fulfillment or unrealized dreams on you... Just that you might learn a lesson I got the chance to see this week. 

There was a certain situation I was excited about... All the possibilities I played out in my mind I was wishing would come true! The prayers I prayed... And it was happening, a little more slowly than I had hoped but hey, maybe a slow start is exactly what I needed, after all that would give me time to get confident in it as well as bring appreciation when my moment was at hand...

All of a sudden, in the midst of my excitement and expectation, without warning, everything came to a screeching halt.  I just couldn't understand and neither could anyone else around me who knew of  the situation through my eyes.  I was so confused... It seemed so fitting.  Even seemed like it could be God placing all these things in line for the final result... But now what?

After a while in my little state of confusion and disappointment I decided it best to just give up, who cares... I didn't have anything I actually lost, just the hope of something, maybe pressing toward the promise of fulfillment in that area... But I would take the stop sign as a closed door and not proceed further and make myself content knowing "I believe that God is working things out for me, even when I don't feel it" - ihatequotes.  After all, that God who I thought was working this situation out in an exciting way can certainly put everything back into motion or maybe it's the case of "...sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." - Marilyn Monroe

This week something happened that made it all come together!  No, I didn't get what I wanted but I did get an answer nonetheless... The answer was just more along the lines of "No, you don't want that and here's why..." And you know what... It's true, I didn't understand why things didn't work out how I had planned. I was totally stumped as to why God wasn't giving me what I wanted, after all what I wanted wasn't a bad thing... But now that I can see the whole picture I realize that I want more... I want better and maybe just maybe that's exactly what God has planned for me. He planned better!

Sometimes, it can be painful when God comes in and rearrange my life. But I believe that.... God's answers are wiser than my prayer." - ihatequotes

"Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." Jeremiah 29-11

2 comments:

Janice Galbraith said...

Before I finished reading the scripture "for I know the plans I have for you" came to my mind and didn't you come out with it in the end!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture you displayed with your blog, it's funny how the things we wanted so bad at the time that didn't go our way turn out to blessings in the end. God is GREAT!