Thursday, September 22, 2011

Life Altering

Life altering, I've had a few of those moments and experiences... I would even say I've had my share for this lifetime, and those experiences have been both good and bad. I'm sure all of you could say the same. But tonight as I reflected on a book my pastor read to our church (A Tale of Three Kings) I commented the words were "life altering." as a p.s. to that, EVERYONE needs to read that book!

Thinking about life in general instead of just the words in a book I think of all my life circumstances that have altered who I am... I would say, along with a lot of people past, "I would not change a thing good or bad because all combined I've been shaped by my life's path." Still when I made the comment I was left thinking of only one question:

"Have I allowed my life altering experiences to be life altaring?" I now ask you the same question. In fact, I press beyond inquiry and I challenge you to recognize when your next life altering moment or circumstance befalls you that just maybe God is creating a moment for life altaring. Allow your life to be altered and take it deeper by altaring your life before God.

Has your life only been altered? Or has it been too long since your last life altaring moment? Put your life on the altar of God, be a living sacrifice in commitment to him, walk in relationship with him. Love him, submit to his plan for your life and follow him wholeheartedly! This life is being altared and I pray yours will be as well!

ALTAR YOUR LIFE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Def gonna buy the book :)who is the author?

Suzie-K said...

The author is Gene Edwards... here's the link to the book on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Tale-Three-Kings-ebook/dp/B0055UIP9S/ref=tsm_1_tp_un_it

Janice Galbraith said...

That was wonderful! We just had a missions conference that was "life altaring" and god really moved in our midst and on "ME"

Faith Galbraith said...

Great read here!