Thursday, September 8, 2011

DO NOT STOP

Hi Kiddos!

I'm sorry for not writing a blog for you on Monday... Yes I heard your lamenting over it hah! 

Okay, so this blog is about being honest with myself and others hoping that through writing I find answers in some of my own situations and that you will be able to not only read about it but apply the lessons to your own life. Here goes a bit of honesty: I don't want to write this week.  I'm so stressed out I just want to have a good cry (lets face it, we all feel a bit better after a good "no reason outburst,") I'm cranky today and just need a nap... Plus it's raining which always makes the day seem a little more depressing... But I'm committed to you all and I honestly love you so I figured I should at lease write and just tell you why I've been delinquent. So that's it, stress... Unfortunately now is not the time I can share why but I will in the future.

I had a talk with my mama this weekend as we travelled to the USA for a bit of shop therapy... Well, I vented and blatted to her actually. Some things that have been bothering me that I won't talk about I let out... The thing is I just kept saying I felt like giving up or at the very least completely walking out on my life and starting over somewhere else.  (Wow, hello Debbie Downer!) but here's the thing, that's nuts!  I don't know what God is doing or thinking and I'm pretty sure I don't agree at this point and I don't even have to... The only reason I don't agree is because "I don't know," I simply don't understand and that's ok... In fact it's to be expected! Because we can't know his ways "I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work... For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think." But just because His ways are not for our understanding does not meant they are not for our trusting... "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding" Proverbs 3:5. 

So if you ask me what's going on, why it's happening or how it's going to turn out... I don't know but I do trust the process and so should you! After all "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD..." Psalm 37:23 and "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God!.. Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best... But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction.It's the child he loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this." Proverbs 3:5-12 Because after all the God who shaped the universe and everything in it out of His great wisdom shaped and cares for you out of His great love and He is able and "we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good!" Romans 8:28. So keep moving forward, don't give up and take comfort that as long as you're moving at all you're going somewhere!

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." - Confucius as tweeted by Philo_Quotes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooo you weren't late....I was....Now I am the Debbie Downer. This was a great blog. Glad to relate to this blog. It's comforting to know that everyone has their days.