Thursday, May 5, 2011

I am Because You Are: a Mother's Day Poem

Hi my little friends! haha!  I thought it fitting to post a blog dedicated to my mama today!  This is a poem I wrote about her for the Mother-Daughter banquet I had to speak at.  However, I know it shares the sentiment of the heart of every daughter who is lucky enough to have a Godly mother! I preface this poem with the fact that my mum isn't perfect (nor am I!) but that's not a requirement of motherhood. Part of what teaches your children to cope, be strong, be persistent, respectful and to have success despite adversity is watching you overcome outside circumstance, personal weakness and struggle. Watching a mother who doesn't necessarily do "all the right things" but apologizes when she's wrong and works to become more everyday is what causes children to grow in the same ways.

PS.  Feel free to share it with all the mamas you know on facebook and twitter, they deserve it!


I am strong, anchored and steady in the face of adversity.
I am because you are.
I am caring for those around me and compassionate on those less fortunate.
I am because you are.
I am loyal, loving and encouraging to friends and acquaintances.
I am because you are.
I am beautiful and self-confident in a world that always tells me I'm not enough.
I am because you are.
I am an over-comer, singing songs of praise through the dark and dreary days.
I am because you are.
I am a minister and reacher for the lost people in this world.
I am because you are.

I am not judgmental but helpful. I do not push down but I lift up!
I am because you are.
I am trusting in a God whom I've never seen but know is real!
I am because you are.
I am appreciative of the little miracles I see everyday and the blessings I've been given.
I am because you are.
I am loved and have chosen to love in return despite any scar my past has left on my heart.
I am because you are.


I am a woman after God's own heart, desiring and longing after his presence.
I am because you are.
I am a leader, exalter and worshiper in my church and day-by-day.
I am because you are.
I follow the footsteps of Jesus and am captured by His love!
I am because you are.

I am strong, anchored, steady, caring, compassionate
I am because you are!
I am loyal, loving, encouraging, beautiful and self-confident
I am because you are!
I am an over-comer, praiser, minister and reacher
I am because you are!

I am helpful, trusting, appreciative and blessed
I am because you are!
I am loved and I love in return
I am because you are!


I am after, I desire and long for God's heart
I am because you are!
I am a leader, exalter, worshiper and follower of Christ
I am because you are!


I am all of who I am because you are all of who you are
You are exactly the mother God has intended you to be
You are the only mother I need
I would not trade you for every pearl in the sea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were my daughter I would be in tears right now. Hope your mom cried tears of happiness when she read the poem

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this website by means of my cousin. I'm no longer positive whether this publish is written via him as nobody else recognise such special about my
problem. You are incredible! Thank you!

My site: lasertest