Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's the Small Things

I had a fabulous lunch with an old friend, Adam Clark, last Saturday :) Actually, he did most of the eating but the chat was the best part anyway!  It's funny how true friends never seem like they've been gone for long, you just pick up where you left off. We talked about God and ministry, things we feel God is leading us to etc.

During one part of the conversation I was talking about what all I am involved in (ministry wise) and made the statement "my favorite parts are the small things like..." What caught my attention was after I was finished listing the "small things" Adam's response was "how do you know they are the small things, that doesn't sound small at all to me!"  The reason his comment caught me was because it's the second time someone has said that to me recently... Last month after I posted Big or Small I got a message from the lady I was writing about asking how I know what I am doing right now for God is "small?" 
 
Adam and I started talking about the "small things" and how they most likely aren't small at all to God. You see, we look at so much in such a different light from what Christ sees them in... Remember he said he would leave ninety nine to find one, and we think of the love of it, ninety nine seems much more significant than one but in his sight the one isn't small at all.  Adam brought up a point that the smallest seed turns into the biggest plant, remember "if you should have faith the size of a grain of mustard seed!" 
 
Our faith, no matter how small it is now, is meant to grow... And God has given each person the measure of faith so we all have it, it's just how we nurture it. Faith that is considered small in our eyes is seen by God for everything it can grow into, much like we view children, we don't see them only as they are but for the future they represent!  We look at some things and consider them inferior because of their maturity when we should see what can be made of them, we look at some things as small when in fact, to God, they are the big things... Much like in a relationship when describing what makes it good we often say "it's the small things really" in relationship with God the important things to him are often seen as "small."
 
I don't know where you are in life, what your faith level may be, if your ministry seems insignificant but I do know, if you nurture your faith and ministry they have an amazing future to be lived!  Besides, how do you know either is small in the sight of God!? 
 
There are two scriptures I would like you to think on:

Zechariah 4:10
"Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin..!" 
 
Job 8:7
"And though your beginning was small, your latter days will be very great"
 
 

No comments: