Thursday, August 8, 2013

I Can't get no Satisfaction

Hey guys, I had a blog post all ready for you all but something happened that I just had to share!  It's not the normal Suzie-K post but it's a life event I wanted you all to know happened!  First, all of my friends are having babies right now... Apparently the weddings are over and they are all on to the next stage of life and I'm left behind both grades...  Most times the single life is fantastic but I have to admit every once-in-a-happening I have a moment of "why you before me?"  But not anymore! 
I'm ENGAGED!!
And you must watch the video of how it happened!! Yes it's 13 minutes but you can do it! Please!?


So clearly this isn't me... In class last night another line caught my attention, paraphrasing it would be "What do your needs in other relationships teach you about your need in your relationship with God?" and it was explained as if you're unsatisfied in a relationship with someone it's probably mirroring the spiritual need... It really took me back to think of things in that way.  I am quite proud of where I am, how far I've come, in general I am satisfied in life, there's just that one thing... Someone to share it with.  The thing is, I had forgotten I already have someone to share it with... And if I am still unsatisfied because I only have fur babies to be a mommy to maybe it's because I've not invited any guests nor conceived babies with Him!? Maybe I'm not satisfied in my love life because I have shifted my gaze in an other's direction... You know they say "the grass is greener where you water it" and maybe I haven't been allowing myself to soak in the water of His love. Maybe I've forgotten the proposal.

Jesus is my life partner but sometimes I forget, sometimes I try things my own way, sometimes I make mistakes and get dirty and sometimes I need reminded who's I am and so do you.  So here it is, if you've already accepted the proposal this is your reminder to get back to your first love, if you're unsatisfied in any area of your life think about how it may be mirroring the spiritual and do something about it!  If you've not yet made up your mind and said "YES!" allow me to be your friend pushing you toward the greatest love of your life.

LET'S GET MARRIED!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again a great post. Always a joy to read. Thanks for being the YOU God created. You're awesome!

carol said...

Another great blog keep up the good writing people enjoy good reading