Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm Spreading the Fever!

Hi honeys!  It seems like forever and a day since I've written to you!  Miss one Monday and I'm a mess! haha!

I spent yesterday and today thinking about and writing next weeks blog and now I'm not sure what to write for you today!  So I suppose I will just start with expressing my gratitude that you are reading/following my blog at all!  I''m sure as in every area in life there is someone out there who blogs about something that's funnier, smarter or more edgy than I... I'm sure there are many bloggers who are better word smiths than I so I appreciate your loyalty and interest! By the way, I am not a "serious or mushy moment/talk" kind of girl so you better be appreciating this heart-felt thank you! haha!

I guess I would just like to encourage all of you to keep working on yourselves as I work on my own life and share the process with you here... I have been and will continue to share what I view as my triumphs, lessons, short-falls and silliness but I do request you keep up with me and try to apply some aspect of every blog to your own life and then try to "pass it on" to someone you think may need it!  Kind of a pay it forward blog I suppose! YAY, I like that! We can all feel good about attempting to share with others and the possibilities of hope and happiness that can grow!  (Wow, I kind of sound like a hippie! ha!)

There's the practical application for this weekend...that's right, the whole weekend this time!  I want you to do this for at least one person every day (including today) until Monday's blog and then leave comments to tell me what you've done, the reactions you get or ideas for the rest of us in case we get stumped!  It's summer, it's bright outside, warming up, I definitely have summer fever and from what I've been seeing in the building supplies stores, garden centers and ice cream stands I'm sure I'm not the only one with this little fever! ha!  PS. I love it and so should you!  I haven't forgotten to tell you what the task at hand for the weekend is and you can probably already guess it... Spread the summer fever! 

Here's how I propose we spread the fever but also feel free to be creative and do you're own thing (don't forget to share those ideas in the comment section below! You don't have to be a member, you can leave your idea under just a name or anonymously!):
  • Continue what BrendaBrigiitte started and retweet her post "If you are reading this YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, DON'T ALLOW ANYONE TO DIM YOUR SHINE"
  • Let someone out in traffic in front of you or maybe even two someones!
  • Buy someone a coffee or ice cream, it doesn't even have to be a friend (in fact, it's probably better if it isn't a friend!) just the person in line behind you or the next person in the drive-thru!
  • Leave a "thank you note" for your server!  If you go to a restaurant where someone is cleaning up your mess leave them a "thank you note" on the table... You don't have to go out and buy a card or anything, just find an unused napkin or scrap piece of paper in your purse/wallet and write something nice!
  • Leave a "I hope your day is great" or "Smile, you look smashing" sort of note on a changing room mirror for the next customer or retail worker who comes by after you! (Seriously a great pick-me-up I would love!)
  • Buy or cut a couple of flowers for someone!  You can just give them to your mama, friend or family member or if you're really brave you can stick them in a summery vase and leave them on the doorstep of a neighbor before they come home!
  • Help someone around you!  Whether it's lifting something into some one's car with them at Wal-mart, helping your neighbor weed those pesky dandelions from their lawn, offering a neighbor a cold beverage on your deck some hot day or giving someone a "pooper-scooper baggie" when you've seen they ran out on the walking trail (if you do that one, you might want to add an "it's happened to me too" comment when you're hading the baggie over, that will make sure they aren't embarrassed and don't think you're being snotty! ha!)
  • Get a couple of "dollar off ice-cream certificate," Wendy's, McDonald's or coffee shop dollars and leave them behind somewhere random for the next person who sits down or walks by!
And that's it people :o)  I'm sure you're thinking of more things to do but if you're just not creative there are enough suggestions to get you through to Monday! 

Remember to let me know how it goes and to post your own suggestions below for others! I'm excited! SPREAD THE FEVER!

4 comments:

Janice Bustard Galbraith said...

Just read your blog "Spreading the Fever" loved it....how to spread the fever: ways to live by! Good job!

Mindy Gray said...

This is really good! Sometimes we get so busy with ourselves that we forget to be a blessing to others.

Faithy's Thots said...

Awesome, will do my best to apply " Summer Fever" :)

Keith Hanson said...

good job