Thursday, January 2, 2014

Action or Intention

Hi Bugsies!  (Yeh, I don't know I was going to type bunnies but I thought maybe "bugsies" was more unisex?.. Starting the New Year off right! ha!)  I didn't mean to take such a long break from writing, I had ideas to write and everything... I just got so busy!  Good intentions, you know how that goes... Then again you know what road is paved with all those good intentions as well and I do not want to be headed down that path... Can I get an "amen?!" ha!
 
So Merry Christmas, happy birthday to Jesus and then me & HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wow, 2014! I didn't make a resolution this year, why bother? Seriously, does anyone actually make it out of January with resolutions intact? But there are a few things I want to do this year... One only takes a day... Well, unless I fail then I would have to start over and it could go that way all year! I want to go through one full day without complaining/speaking negatively once!  It will have to be a Saturday, I don't think I could make it in the office! ha!  But in all seriousness, you guys should try it with me a day! It sounds easy at first until you think about doing it and you start catching yourself every time you are about to let some little though slip into the world through your words! 
 
There's one more thing I wanted to leave you with today... Remember those good intentions I had to write for you guys... Well, I've been thinking about them (and some other good intentions in my life) and I was thinking, this year, let's try to get rid of some of the intentions and put them into action... Whatever it is, whether it's a career change, giving to a good cause financially or of your time and talent, volunteering at your church, sharing a word of encouragement, sending a card (this is actually one of my favorites, how easy is it! Plus, since we rarely get mail other than junk & bills who doesn't love even a one line note in a card!? It's pretty much perfect to give or receive!), telling someone how you feel whether good or bad, whatever it is, do it!  No more intending turning into too late, just take that step!  One of my best accomplishments this year was just a conversation, a difficult conversation saturated with tears... But I actually had it, I expressed the emotions and tried to make the other person understand my position without fear of the consequence... After years of silence I decided it was time to stand up for myself and it felt great... Well, not right away but I felt so freed after knowing I would never have to worry about hurting the feelings of the person at the expense of causing myself pain. I was respectful and I still have a relationship with that person but now I know they know how I feel.  So whatever it is you've been putting off let me encourage you to go ahead, even when things don't work out how you would like, even if you don't get the apology you're looking for, you do get something!
 
So, 2014, we're ready for you! We're choosing action over intention!

 

No comments: