Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Can't Remember!

Hi! It's sooo late for me to be blogging today!  I usually have it all written up for you guys Tuesdays so I can post at lunch time... Alas, summer is SUPER BUSY at work for me so I've been working overtime, staining my deck once I finally get home and churchin' the rest of the time! 

Can I just say, God is so AWESOME! I love Him so much! I was praying last night and all I could think was without Him I would not be here... I would have never survived the hard times in my life. God has been my provider more times than I can count financially and my only hope personally!  Honestly, I haven't spent enough time thinking about all the things God has done for me. I appreciate His love so much and just have to tell you, try Him for yourself, don't base your opinion on the past or on what the people around you think, have your own experience with Him.  I did and I promise you won't regret it!

All that being said, tonight I thought of some mistakes in my past... At first I was thinking about all God has kept me from but one memory popped up in my brain and wouldn't go away... But then I remembered something else: "You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea" Micah 7:19  "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more" Hebrews 8:12 "And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more" Hebrews 10:17 "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us" Psalm 103:12

See we all remember our short-comings, we all know our own weaknesses and if you're like me at the end of each day when you pillow your head everything you did that disappointed yourself that day floods to the forefront of your mind... But when I thought about mine tonight I believe God spoke... "I don't remember them, you have got to choose to forget them too."

Here's the thing, have you repented? (Repentance is not just feeling bad or saying sorry, it's not even tears of regret, it's a decision making process of turning away from sin.) If you have then God has cast every one of your sins away, He has removed them as far as East is from West... You can travel East forever and never meet up with West, East can never be West!  Best of all, even when we remember our sins and sometimes remind God of them, He just can't seem to recall them! 

So here's the deal: stop remembering them, stop giving them your time and for goodness' sake stop giving those mistakes your future!  The thing about mistakes is we all make them. The thing about regrets? We all have them.  The thing about God? He's bigger than all them! The Bible says he has "removed the effects of sin" once you've repented so stop worrying about it, God's got it!  The future is bright because the light of the world is with you! Move forward!

No comments: