Monday, November 28, 2011

Blood, Sweat & Tears: Getting Nowhere Fast

Well kiddos, today was a hectic day! First day in a new office and there's been a lot of "getting used to" moments!  But even though I don't feel I accomplished much I did get the copy room cleaned and set up for work, 3 e-mail accounts set up for us, the supply closet organized, a Christmas tree decorated and the lunch room set up and organized... Not to mention the phone calls and a couple of files completed from start to finish... I suppose that's not a bad day's work!

So the lesson?  Sometimes we work and run and sweat over all the things on our "life's to do list" and it's hard to see any results... Whether it's because we've been busy with preparation work or because it's just not spotlight work but behind closed doors we can get discouraged when we can't see results soon enough... It could be that we've put many hours of friendship and prayer, pouring ourselves out for a friend and we haven't yet seen change.  The thing is, just like my work today, the surface that everyone sees when they walk into the office is not work I've done and you really can't notice much change but if you open a door or two you'll see it's there... If you start working you'll notice the organizing I've completed makes the job faster and easier.

Moral of my little story?  "Don't get weary in well doing!"  Just keep on working on it and some day you will see the results, you will get to reap the benefits of your blood sweat, tears & prayer you've poured and it will be worth every painstaking minute!

No comments: