Thursday, November 17, 2011

Planned from the Beginning

What a day! This morning I dripped toothpaste down my black shirt which I didn't have time to change before work because I thought I was running late... This afternoon I poured water down the front of the same shirt trying to take a drink... At lunch time I dropped my pop but barely any dripped out, thank goodness for covers I was thinking... Until, about 10 minutes later I dropped my cup again and off flew the cover!  Pop spilled all over my desk & ccalendar and down the front of my skirt!  I cleaned the pop up, grabbed a Lysol wipe to take the sticky up sat in my chair... And you guessed it, right in a puddle of pup & ice cubes!  I stood up quickly and pop drained down my leotard covered legs! AAHHHH!

I'm actually not in a sour mood after all of this... I just thought I would share it to give you a little pre-weekend laugh and maybe even some perspective on your own day. :o)

And I also want to relay something I heard from a missionary to Prague last night...  The well of Jacob is something most Christians and Religious people have heard about... The strange thing about it is the well of Jacob is only mentioned in one sentence in the Bible... The reason it is recognized is because of a story told over and over in Christianity, the story of "the woman at the well." This woman had 5 husbands... My dad's wife is on her 4th marriage and even by today's standard I think that's pretty bad... I mean really, what's the common denominator here? I have someone close to me who has had more boyfriends than I can count and at least a handful of engagements... We all always expect it not to last with the next one either but her mama always holds out hope (denial some may call it haha!) The thing about it is that they always say it's the guys fault!  I suppose in some respects it's nice to have your mum so much on your side she is blinded to your "issues" but my mum would have long ago slapped me and sent me to therapy haha! Anyway, back on track, the reason I went into all that was to say that I think we all realize that "woman at the well" had a few of her own issues... But Jesus met her there and changed her life!  He told her all she had done (which was something he nor anyone she hadn't already told would know... Then he offered her change and she took it.  So that well of Jacob that is only mentioned in one sentence in the Bible has become world renown because of what happend one day in one meeting with Jesus.

The second thing to keep in mind is God is everywhere present and never absent. God never changes. God lives in the past, present and future all at once... I know these are obscure facts for us to grasp because we can't even really imagine that kind of existence but their truth doesn't diminish by lack of our understanding... Just like is someone is allergic to banana but they don't understand why or how or even that they are it won't stop them from having anaphylactic shock. (Ok that's not really funny, but kind of...)

The next important thing to realize is by the time Jesus met the woman at the well many years and even decades had passed since Jacob had dug the well out... What's so important about that? Well, God is in control every aspect of life... God inspired Jacob to dig that well in that place all the while knowing one day Jesus would meet at woman there and change her life... God planned to help that woman on that specific day when he directed the footsteps of Jesus to her before she was even born! 

So now I want you to know that if God would plan such a beautiful story of mercy for a flusey like the woman at the well who's name was not even mentioned God has planned a beautiful story for your life.  So sit down with Jesus for a minute and tell Him you want him to help you!  Have your own well of Jacob experience right now, wherever you are... If you're at work step away from your desk, at home excuse yourself to a room alone or at Starbucks go to your car and meet Jesus there.  This is your moment of change! My steps have been directed to you through this blog today and Jesus is with you now, believe and act on that belief, you will never regret it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me want to go home and read just to find that part in the bible. Very interesting

Anonymous said...

For months I have felt "dry" and not quite where I need to be in Christ, yet not having a clear direction to go, I've simply stood still, at times going through the motions and feeling myself losing ground. Your words and reminders of God's promise to change me and that he has moments in time already planned for ME (amazing)...it awakens a stirring in my soul that I have longed to feel. At times the presence of Jesus seems so far when all I truly long for is to bask in it! And I ask myself, why is it so easy to forget to ask for help from my Father? I praise Him for His goodness, I thank Him for His faithfulness, I seek His healing and blessings for my friends, family, etc...but so often I forget to ask Him to help me. And when I remember to ask, too many times, I tell myself My problems are simply not worth His time. Long story short, thank you! For reminding me that My Father cares for ME. That He has moments and wells planned at points in my life that I need them most!:)