Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hey Boys! Are you a Beast?

Twitter is one of my favorite sites now... I only check a few frequently (almost daily) my e-mail account, Facebook (but I'm not a creeper... I'm mainly interested in what people have to say directly to me rather than creeping on their pictures although I like people I know creeping on my pictures... Strange duck. ha!) and Twitter.  If I had to choose one site only, I think it would be Twitter; I mean, I like Facebook but I can get what I really want from Twitter, if only ALL my friends had an account they used daily *hint, hint*  Rob Cardashian is always tweeting with the hashtag #BEASTMODE meaning something he's determined to do or be... But I'm gonna flip it.


Beast: “You come out or I'll break down the door!” Lumiere: “That may not be the best way to win the girl's affections" DisneyWords via Twitter (P.S. I am now obsessed with adding links to my blogs, I'm such a geek! ha!)

Ok, now you know where I'm going with this... Boys... Or men, here's the deal... Ladies don't want you to be a Beast, at least not in the sense that we would want you crashing around our lives with no plan or tact... We want you to be determined, excited and headstrong about your intentions toward us but soft in your treatment of us... And listen to us if we are not interested in a "relationship" that doesn't mean we hate you or that we don't think you would be great for a friend but if you don't take it we;; from us why would we set you up? 

Let me break it down a little for you, we don't want you less manly but we also don't want to have to look through your rough exterior hoping to catch one glimpse of a soft heart (even if we are capable of seeing the best in you.) Don't make us have to fight through walls and traps to get to your heart, just open the doors and we will in turn open the door of our hearts. 


Lumiere is correct, the best way to win our affection is not to bust through our walls with no regard to the damage left behind and the mess we will have to clean up after you but to be the first to open a door and let that door be to something great about you! If you trust us enough to bare honesty in conversation and intention you'll have a greater chance of having us return the favor (and you may even be able to convince a "not-so-sure" into "I think guys like these are hard to find, he deserves a second look.")


And that's it, just don't be a beast... I am the first to want a manly man, you know someone who doesn't know how to put a better outfit together than I do, someone who some days just smells like himself and definitely someone who likes to fish and be outside as much as I do... Common, I seriously don't know a guy my age who knows how to chop wood or build a fire (and like I am going to trust you with my heart if I can't trust you to keep me safe and warm when we are camping haha!) You don't need to express yourself well (in fact, the struggle to get the right words out is quite endearing), I don't want your hands to be as soft as mine but I want you have a soft, respectful, gentle, honest, concerned and caring heart toward me... The outside can be beastly (not as in the Carebears "Beastly" character but as in BEASTMODE manly --thanks Rob! ha!-- 

P.S. a hint: a button down shirt does wonders with just a pair of jeans but if you want to really impress... A suit, honey!) And remember, it's ok for the sincerity to show. For further instruction (hahah! got my teacher voice on now!) Read a blog from 2009 For the Boys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my "American Boy" - Anonymous

Lauren Nicole said...

Just wanted to say I love your blog as well! Such a fan and glad you are writing more :)