Monday, April 11, 2011

In my Arms - The Royal Introduction


 
"Clouds will rage in, storms will race in
But you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down, waves will crash around
But you will be safe in my arms
Castles they might crumble, Dreams may not come true
But you are never alone
Because I will always, always love you"

I would like to think I could sing the lyrics of this song to someone and they remain true... I would love to be able to keep even one person safe in my arms.  To be able to say to someone "you are never alone because I..."  To assure that though life rages on all fronts I will be able to control it just enough to spare the hurt and pain a storm causes. But I cannot.

I don't have the power to control even a rain shower on a summer day.  I am not able to say to the wind "blow from the south to warm us up" or "hey there, just calm down, that gust was a little on the wild side..." and have the wind obey any let alone every word.  If you castle of dreams crumble I will not be able to figure out which each piece should go to build it up again, stronger than before, unbreakable.  I cannot even say "you will never be alone" because of me.

The one thing I can do is introduce the One who, although "Clouds will rage in, storms will race in" can say "you will be safe in my arms." “Who is this man?” they asked. “...even the winds and waves obey him!” Matthew 8:27.  That same one who can say even when "Rains will pour down, waves will crash around, still you will be safe in my arms." after all, "...he rebuked the wind and the raging waves. Suddenly the storm stopped and all was calm." Luke 8:24. 

The man who once your castles crumble knows where each piece should be placed to make your foundation in life strong and safe.  "...everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment. And when it comes to the church, he organizes and holds it together, like a head does a body."  Colossians 1:16.  Your  "dreams may not come true" but you can have a hope in the one who says "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen." Jeremiah 29:11-12.  "But you are never alone" for "God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you," Hebrews 13:5

"When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree. "I'll turn things around for you. I'll bring you back..." Jeremiah 29:13-14.  And here he is... Jesus, meet my readers. Readers, this is the one I've been telling you of!  He loves you and is the creator, in control of everything surrounding you.  If you need help ask him, he will listen, if you're lonely let him love you! "This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed... anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger... He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe... when introduced to him." John 3:16-18 Because I will always, always love you!"

2 comments:

Teri-Lyn said...

so simple. so true.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I really needed to read this. You couldn't have wrote this blog a better time :)