Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Shopper Extraodinaire

My Christmas shopping experience this year went a little like this... 


Let's just say I was walking the toy isles hugging a cabbage patch baby for my two year old cousin, Olivia (Do you have any idea how nice they smell, if not, go smell one, seriously! Love that smell! ha!)  I practically jumped up and down like a child when I saw old toys I used to play with growing-up in my own home (glow worms, alphie, one of those telephones with wheels you drag around by the receiver, etc..) I mean I was so excited I completely forgot myself in the moment, not worrying about being an adult or thinking of anything except Christmas memories and the toys I loved! 


We saw a man I have known since I was a child walking down the same isle as mum and I.. In this case we can call him Scrooge (although he isn't actually that type at all, it fits in this instance.)  Scrooge was apparently watching all the while I was fawning over the toys and with a clever smile said "you're too old to play with those toys" and commented on me holding the cabbage patch kid so tightly. Ha!  To old? It's Christmas, no one is too old for anything regarding Christmas! Get in the spirit! 


I was having a grand time remembering the toys I loved as a child and thinking any child would love the same toys I used to have, I was inclined to buy those particular items... Mum said I couldn't just get the kids gifts I would want (isn't that the point!? The kids will be finished with them 5 minutes from opening the box and then I can enjoy them... Am I right!?) "Olivia won't like that" mum said about a toy I was eyeing. I loudly asked "What kid WOULDN'T like this?!?" A random man walking by (we can call him "The Grinch") answered "I wouldn't." I retorted, with a laugh "Well, you're not a kid sir!"


This post really has no point except to remind you of your happy Christmas memories of years gone by and to wish you all the wonder and happiness a childhood Christmas brings!  It's Christmas, we have the perfect excuse to get as excited and silly as we desire; so go ahead, go nuts!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
<3

1 comment:

t-lstewart said...

what i wouldn't give to have all the new old editions of the fisher price toys...especially the classic telephone, record player, and tv...

this blog put a big christmas memories smile on my face :-)