Thursday, January 21, 2010

Never Catch Up

I'm a very practical, "hands-on" kind of girl. I look for solutions. I like to always be striving for something. I'm always aware of how I, personally, need to be made better and I work toward becoming better everyday. I specifically try to keep my relationship with God on solid ground (probably the most difficult to keep on a practical level) and search for practical things I can do everyday.

I treat my relationship with God as if he were living in the same house as me (which, by the way, he is), I find it helps me to communicate my thoughts and feelings to a God I would otherwise not have the courage to approach... It reminds me, he wants to be here as much as I want him to be with me. Also, I can't live in the same space as someone without talking to them regularly. I don't treat God as if he can read my thoughts (although he can.) I don't treat him as my "911" call (although he has been.) Most of all, I try not to take him for granted just because I know he loves me and he's there, I try to take steps, on my own, to get closer to him... And when I get that "why do I have to do all the work, can't he take a step" thought running through my mind, I think of the Cross, it doesn't take long to realize he really would not have to take another step and I would still never "catch up."

But I try to express my gratitude...

"God, I just want to take a couple of minutes out of my hectic day to thank you for being everything I need and for reasons I can't even imagine loving me in spite of me!  You are wonderful and I don't tell you that or other people about you half as much as I should. So let everyone who reads these words know YOU ARE the One and Only God, My God, the One who reigns over all, All Mighty, All Powerful, Uncomparable, Undeniable, Beautiful, Purest One, Lamb that was Slain, Risen Savior, Everlasting God!  The Great I AM, Life Giver, Soul healer, Heart Mender, Striped healer, Wounded transgression Forgiver, Comforter, Strong Tower, Deliverer of Israel from Egypt and my soul from Bondage, Addiction Breaker, Chain Breaker, Way Maker, World Shaker, Storm Calmer, Light Giver!  There never has been, is not now, and never will be One that can come close to your Magnificent Meekness and Pre-Eminent Power!  Thank you for being my father and friend!  I love you always!"

No comments: