Thursday, May 9, 2013

Eat This Book... And a Cuppycake!

Hi Honeys! Sorry I abandoned you all last week, I was swamped and not home... I decorated for a Mother Daughter breakfast for 3 days! Then Friday at about 10pm when I was home I had family visiting. But I was thinking of you all and hoping you would find an older post to read! 



Speaking of reading, I have revamped my reading habits and I wanted to encourage you all to try it too!  I am a night reader, you know, crawl into bed, exhausted and just trying to use reading to sloe my mind down to rest... But reading that way I miss a lot and sometimes don't get as much reading in as I would like... I won't stop my night reading but I think I will make that read a "lighter" one... And I've switched my important reading to the morning... Yes folks I'm getting up an hour early every morning and "eating the book!" (Please keep your shock silent lest you offend me haha!)

I have been taking a class and reading a book about "how to read" and the fact that you're not really supposed to just "read" but "eat," you know, really pay attention, digest and meditate on what you're reading.  One part of the syllabus for the class speaks of four levels of understanding and it's so cool how the knowledge of the four levels helps you find a deeper connection with the words you intake! I have friends who always read with a pen and maybe a notebook and I've always thought they were nuts but I think I've crossed over... Sometimes I read with my iPad but I still have a notebook to transfer even those notes into because there's just something about writing things out that gets them in your head and heart.

So, I'm taking this blog post only to encourage all of you to give it a try, you don't necessarily need a class, I have posted a link below to the blog of the "Eat this Book" and you can order the syllabus for $20.00 plus it comes with a free journal and bookmark. The book it's about and the book I am reading is the Bible (the class only has you reading 3 easy books of the Bible so no worries.) If you believe in the Bible and would just like deeper understanding of it and for it to effect your life like you hear it effects others, if you want to grow your love for the Book then I truly believe this is how! (I know I sound like a commercial right now and I do want to make sure you know I am gaining nothing from this syllabus sales - in fact, the author is giving profit to missions as well - I just am so passionate because of the change I've seen in my own life so quickly that I really want everyone I know to be able to experience the same thing!) I can honestly promise if you try this and treat it with sincerity, committing to the twenty one days it takes to get through it, your life will be changed for the better... And that's what we are all after anyway, right? Better life.

http://eatthisbooklogos.blogspot.ca/

No comments: