Thursday, September 6, 2012

Love you to Death

Hi dear ones!  I skipped out on you last week :o(  I'm sorry.  My aunt Hilda, that I dedicated my last post to, passed away last Friday morning so I was busy with family.  I did know what my next post would be about last Thursday I just needed to wait on it and let it grow before I shared it... So here goes:

You all know I'm an advocate for love... From my very first post through Love people, love God... Connect to Effect... More than a Feeling... Help! I need somebody's help!.. Building a Bridge: Leaving a Legacy... I think you're probably getting the heartbeat here. Love is the most important message I could ever write, it's the only thing that makes us better, saves us, helps us, changes us and love is what creates us... Maybe your parents didn't create you from love but God did and let's also make sure we are aware we are still being created, until we breathe our last breath and stop changing and growing we are being created.  "He's still workin' on me, to make me what I ought to be! It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun and the Earth and Jupiter and Mars but how loving and patient He must be cause He's still workin' on me!"

I guess I learned love from my family... That's a little strange for me to say since my parents are divorced but it's true... I've seen my mom be hurt by love but she loved anyway. I've learned that love sometimes isn't returned but that you should love anyway.  I've seen love go unanswered in the actions of children, including myself, toward their parents. I've learned that sometimes love is not enough for someone but you should love anyway.  I've seen love make a marriage last through many hardships and troubles in some of the lives of family members and friends. I've learned that love is precious and you should treasure it.  I've watched members of my family, including my Grammie Bustard and Aunt Hilda, love us through prayer right up 'til the moment of their last breath. I've learned that with all the things life can take away, love is not one of them. I've seen people change and become better people because they were loved in spite of their actions. I've learned that love is a God thing and to be like Him we MUST love like Him.

So this blog is dedicated to all those who have made a difference for me through love.  My many family members who have believed in me, taught me, invested in me and prayed for me because of their love.  The people I cannot name who have encouraged me with just a couple of words of love or care through sharing their own experiences and hope.  To all of you who I've read a tweet or status typed out of concern and love to try to help anyone who may read the words.  To my my uncle Lloyd and many other music artists who have taken the time to write, sing or play God inspired lyrics that have literally given me the strength to face many of my tomorrows. To my uncle Morton who has taken time for me and poured wisdom into my life through prayer, preaching and just plain ole conversation. To my many friends, whether past or present, who have helped to shape my character and compassion for others through your example... Even to those who have shown me through example how not to be.

And from a more clear point of view than mine "... A year and half ago I found out I had cancer. Life comes to a sudden halt when you hear news like that, you start to get your priorities in order. I had a baptism of love take place, as I call it. Over the years you get hurt by others, hurt by what is said to you and often have a hard time getting along with others you work with because of difficulties. And of coarse it is always the other person, lol. Something happened to me in the Dr office that day... A wave of love came over me. I felt a release from all the old, bitter feelings. I went back to work and told all 120 people I work with (on an individual basis) that I loved them and that they are wonderful people... Because they are! And to all I had wronged I asked for forgiveness. When you find out you have a disease that will one day take you life unless God gives a miracle... You think differently.  I now can say I look at people today with love in my heart. No wrong feelings. Everyone is beautiful and special. God's love baptism is awesome. Hope this helps someone. To all....you are loved." - Norman Mersereau

So from all those who have taught me how to love, from God himself and from me, I would like to propose the following: Let's remember love today.  Remember that even in the bad times, situations and through those people who somehow along the way have forgotten to show or been so beaten down cannot gather the strength to show love, God shows us His love through even the lessons that come out of all this.  Take the time to think about the people in your life, both past and present, and what love lessons we can glean from those relationships. Lastly and most importantly, take time time to love someone else.  It doesn't have to be something flashy or big, no bended-knee proposal inspirations needed, just buy the coffee of the person behind you in the Starbucks line... Leave a note with your tip at the restaurant that says something like "We appreciate your kindness." Make a card for a friend. Even just speak encouraging words to someone who's having a tough day at work. Hope with someone. Believe in someone. Adopt a pet. Anything, just DO SOMETHING to show love.

4 comments:

MY JOURNEY said...

I am deeply touched by the blog. Well written. A lesson that all need to read. Keep up the great work

Anonymous said...

A well written blog enjoyed reading it has helpful and touching thoughts and encouraging words . Keep up the good blogging you never know who will read and be helped.

Anonymous said...

I love and miss you sueling! What a great blog! What an encouraging read. I miss reading your work, things are slowing down at hOme now, I got a lot to catch up on!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blogs very much and agree with you that love is the strongest emotion in this world.Kepp up the great work.Looking forwars to the next blog.God Bless.:)