Thursday, February 9, 2012

I need a Doctor: Heartbeat

Most of you probably are not aware of this little factoid: I like rap... HAHAH! Yes, yes I do! Hey, it's not my fault I was raised across the tracks from the projects! ah! Anyway, someone I used to listen to frequently is Eminem, love that man's voice. A while ago I heard a "newish" Eminem song on an awards show... I wasn't actually even watching but it was on in the background at a friends house while I was there and it inspired this blog (maybe another mini-series actually!)

The song actually made me think of God, which if you've been a frequent Suzie-K reader you know I'm always turning secular lyrics around into "Jesus' Music" as I like to call it! By the way, if that last sentence just offended you, check yourself... God made our lips and created every musically inclined mind that writes music... If some of those minds decide to write music for someone/something other that God I think it is an awesome thing for Christians to turn it around and bring the music back to it's rightful destiny! I'm just takin' it back for Jesus y'all!

Last night one of my pastors, Jack Leaman, spoke on "Love God, Love People." Again, if you are a frequent reader of Suzie-K you know that is one of my life messages I try to share here frequently. So, I'm back to an Eminem song and the lyrics speaking to me about God and the hurting world around me... What are we doing? We must me reaching, caring, loving and helping or we are nothing at all! Have we become so involved in the lives we watch on our weekly TV shows that we've lost sight of the lives of those we come in contact with daily!? Have we become so self centered that we have forgotten to be kingdom-centered? Have we become so attached to social media and cell phones that we can't remember where we've placed out Bible nor the command to "GO YE" written in its pages!? If you have, you're not alone... I have forgotten those things in the past as well, and this is not another lecture but a call "back to reality... Oh there goes gravity..."

What were the lyrics that got me thinking about "Love God, Love People" before Jack even spoke about it?How could I translate an Eminem song in a spiritual way? Well, I'll answer the first question by writing some of the lyrics below and the second question you should be sensitive enough to answer on your own... But I will write my thoughts below each section... If you're still not "getting it," pray and read the book of Acts in the Bible and God will help you. The song is called "Doctor."

"I'm about to lose my mind
you've been gone for so long
I'm running out of time
I need a doctor
call me a doctor
I need a doctor, doctor
to bring me back to life"

Can't you just hear the cry of the people around you in that chorus?! They "need a doctor" and we know the great physician! And it has been a long time since he's been gone to heaven, we should be losing our minds that we are racing the rapture and running out of time to get these people to the doctor so He can "bring them back to life."

"It hurts when I see you struggle
you come to me with ideas
You say they're just pieces so I'm puzzled
'Cause the what I hear is crazy
But you're either getting lazy or you don't believe in you no more
seems like your own opinion's not one you can form
Can't make a decision you keep questioning yourself
Second guessing and it's almost like you're begging for my help
like I'm your leader..."

If it doesn't hurt you to see people around you struggling you need compassion... Remember the heartbeat of Christ is now and has always been a lost and dying world and our hearts need to be in sync with His or we are just as lost as anyone else.  We are not better than anyone else! We may have found Christ first but all that should mean is once you've found Him your job becomes leading others to Him! People have lost their belief in themselves, they can't form their own opinions anymore, even when they think they are a free spirit it's only because they aren't following the majority, they are still following something... It's like because they don't want to conform to some things they can't conform to anything and the decisions are already made for them; regardless of what they actually want they have to go against the grain always to be considered a "free spirit." But we know the ultimate free-er of the spirit and we must somehow get everyone we can acquainted with Him! 

No comments: