Thursday, February 16, 2012

I need a Doctor: Donor

This is the continuation of my seeing God in the lyrics of an Eminem rap! And really, admit it, it's becoming clearer for you!  I in no way believe this song was written for Christ, I'm not quite that naive, however I do believe it's super easy to take back for Him and that's what I'm about to do... See if you can figure out where I'm going with this before we get there in this blog!

"it was you who believed in me
when everyone was telling you don't sign me
Everyone at the label, let's tell the truth
you risked your career for me
I know it as well as you
nobody wanted the white kid
Dr., I'm crying in this booth
You saved my life..."

There has been so many times in my life when I felt no one believed in me... There have definitely been times I didn't believe in myself.  But Jesus believed in us when we were at our lowest, that's why he died on a cross for people who didn't even know His name yet, people who cared nothing for Him and people who were the ones spitting on his unrecognizable, blood soaked body as He hung from rusty spikes driven through his wrists dying in agony.  No one could talk Him out of His love for us... They tried not just when He was on the cross but through out His life when he would spend time with the needy... In fact, that's why they hated Him enough to kill Him. He treated everyone the same, refusing to see any difference between the rich and poor, not recognizing status or being swayed by the powerful. When no one wanted us but God risked everything for us! He saved our very lives, dying laden with our sinful nature so that we may live laden in His eternal glory!

I am so beyond thankful for everything Christ has done for us! So overwhelmed by his love and mercy extended daily on our behalf! I would do anything for Him!.. Or would I?  What is it that He would even want from us?  Can we really bring anything of worth to a God who has the whole universe at his disposal?  Actually, yes... And the next couple of lines of "I need a Doctor" have the answer! WHAT!!?? I know!

"now maybe it's my turn...
but I can never repay you, what you did for me is way more
but I ain't giving up faith and you ain't giving up on me
Get up Dr. I'm dying, I need you..."

We can never pay Him back, that's true... I mean really even if we die for Him we gain eternal life so we are still indebted.... Plus, our death would not be even in the same category of agony as death by crucifixion. So what can we do in return that Christ would actually want and be proud of?  Try to save a life!  He has given us His most precious gift, eternal life through His death and the only thing we can really do for Him is to try and connect someone else with that gift! Pay it forward, pass it on! Don't give up faith in others because Christ never has and never will give up faith in you! Just like the Organ Donor cards tell you, so do I of Christ "Share the gift of Life!" Tell someone about Jesus and his love for them, see no difference in people no matter their status, race, lifestyle but give everyone the same chance you had to know Him!

No comments: