Friday, August 8, 2014

I Demand you Remember who you are! (remnants of "I need a Doctor" series)

"I can endure no more,
I demand you remember who you are"
- Marshall Mathers

These are two lines left from a Three Part Series of blog posts I wrote a loong time ago...  Remembering who we are... Well, that's a tall order sometimes, especially if you're rather sober thinking of yourself, like me.  But the thing is you are someone, you are loved, you have amazing potential.  You are stronger than you look, maybe you don't pump iron every free second of the day but inside, where it counts, you are strong! You are thought of every day by someone who you may not even consider in the quiet moments of life, He loves you so much he can't stop Himself from obsessing over every little detail of your life, He's addicted to you, to your happiness, to your care and to your benefit.  

I often think about how God loved to walk with Afam & Eve every morning and evening... And I wonder, with all the people in the world now does he still miss those walks or are there some who set aside time for conversation with him still? I'm sure there were some walks that were rather quiet, even routine, but somehow God showed up each day, regardless of rain making them run for cover the day before.  I'm not sure why I would find it strange to think about, all of us know how relaxing, comforting and intimate just being together can be... Just seeing the sparkle in someone's eye or a grin rush over the lips of them when they see a sunset, there's something about those quiet walks, you can get to know someone so well through learning their expressions.  Simple thing can be so endearing, the way they find humor in things unnoticed by many, the way they run their fingers through their hair or press their hand to their mouth when pondering an answer, the sound of their laugh or even their need for a quick, soft touch to your arm.  These are some of the things God wants to experience with each one of us, it's not even that he doesn't know already the nuances of our humanity but to see them each day, to have that familiarity is part of relationship and very much part of relationship with Christ. 

If you're reading this and you don't know God, I do know Him and let me assure you again, you are a special and precious person in His eyes even before you enter into a relationship with him. The Bible says he dies for each one of us while we were still sinners with no guarantee of required love, he loved us that much! He loves you more than anyone else ever has... Maybe to you that's nothing, maybe you've not been loved, or in your life love has only meant pain and abuse... You know what? In Christ's life, love meant pain and abuse as well... He took on beatings, mocking and ultimately death he didn't deserve so you could live in love! Please, I beg you, give God a chance to show you what real love is and who you are, you are beautiful, you are His beloved, don't forget that.

I need a doctor - part 1 worship

I need a doctor - part 2  heartbeat

I need a doctor - part 3 donor

1 comment:

Leona said...

Thanks SueAnn. I enjoyed reading your blog today. I found you ... with a little help from Bob.