Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summertime & Passing on Some Sunshine!

Gosh guys, I have no idea what to write today... I'm so tired (for no reason at all!) I think it must be that our air conditioning at work has been out of service and even with eating a fair quota of Freezies that's not good. I am happy though and I have some good news to share with you: my aunt, Mildred, just received some medical results back from a lung biopsy and there is no cancer! Yaay for Jesus!

It seems like it must finally be summer here, it's been a long time coming!  And why not make it even better!? I know, we all love the BBQs, fishing, bonfires, park dates, picnics, warm evening walks, the sun and the sand but there's something else about summer, people just seem a bit happier... And we need to add all we can to that! So I'm going to harp on the same-ole, same-ole for a bit!  Do something nice for someone who can't offer you anything in return!  Pay for someone's coffee at Starbucks and get the cashier to tell them once you've left, pay for the dinner of the new parents sitting next to you that have dealt with crying baby far longer than you have at the restaurant, put some money in someone's parking meter, leave an encouraging note for the retail attendant letting he or she know they did a great job, better yet ask for their name so you can put in a compliment instead of a complaint for them on-line!  Introduce yourself to someone new in town and actually extend the introduction into friendship... My personal favorite, pay for someone's frozen yogurt ahead of you in line! ha!

Seriously people, we all know it's the little things that bring a smile in our own life! Just yesterday I was in Wal-Mart picking up hair supplies and I dropped my shampoo while reaching for gum... I was taking my time in picking it up but it wouldn't have been a problem at all for me to grab and move on, just as I was about to bend a man stepped out of the line next to me and got it for me, it made my evening just a little brighter, I let some people out in front of me in traffic and everything (another one of my personal favorite "pass-it-ons" because it rarely happens anymore.)

So that's it, no biggie, you can do something nice even if it costs you nothing but a second!  Be happy and PASS IT ON!

No comments: