Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Quit

Okay, so this post might not be what you normally get from me... Sometimes you just have to vent...  Yesterday at work I made a mistake, a big one... I mean, if I were my boss I would definitely fire and possibly sue me, it seemed that bad! I was so embarrasses and scared to fess-up that I decided to just write a note at the end of the day and quit.

I awoke this morning and started to get ready like every other day but then I remembered the mistake... I could have made it in before anyone saw my noted and truth be told, although there would be consequences and a lot of work to get past the mistake I realize my boss probably would have forgiven me and we could have worked through it.  I just couldn't bring myself to face it. My boss has tried to call me but there's no way I can answer, I mean who knows what he will say and I really can't take any anger right now... 

Of course, quitting is not a great thing to do and now I realize I've wasted so much... I will have no money past tomorrow, the people I work with will have horrible opinion of me now, I would just get another job but everyone will know I quit this one so I will have to switch professions completely.  I know, I probably should have just swallowed my pride and faced the music of my mistake but it's so hard and now it's too late! Right...?

 
I know you're all reading this wanting to scream at me and come shake some sense into me... And that's valid... Of course, my story is not.  I didn't actually make a huge mistake (at least not that I'm aware of) or quit my job yesterday.. But just like we all know quitting my career over one mistake - no matter how bad it seemed - would be completely irrational quitting relationship with God, or not starting relationship with God, over a mistake - no matter how bad it seemed - is irrational.  In the same way I should have just confessed to my boss, dealt with the consequences and worked it out with my job had this story been true, we should be doing the same in relationship with Christ. 
 
I know that somehow we separate our idea of how to work on and deal with relationship with God but we shouldn't! No, a relationship with God isn't the exact same as that of work, or with a spouse, friend or family member but much of the capabilities we gain from those relationships and the lessons we learn can and must be applied to spiritual relationship. God gets it, he knows we aren't perfect - in fact, he made us that way - he will work with you and forgive you if you just don't quit on him!  I know it would be easier if we just knew how to be perfect and could see what we should do in every situation so we no longer made mistakes - and God knows that too - but God made us with our free will and mind to make choices so that when we choose him it means something to him... He made us fallible because he can deal with that, he died to cover our mistakes with mercy and we could turn back to him and choose him all over again in spite of our errors.
 
 
Don't quit God, he has mercy waiting for you!

No comments: