Thursday, June 7, 2012

RUPO! No, no no, not Ru Paul!! RUPO

Hi guys! Long time not post... Okay, I only missed a week so not really but I have to have some kind of introduction, no? ahha! As you can tell my life is a wee bit nuts today and it's putting me in a strange mood. Anyway, nothing strange about this post, basically it is just a phrase I saw over and over last night and I took it as a sign (mystical of me, huh?) to pass this short and sweet thought along to you all!

Ever have one of those day where for whatever reason you could just collapse anywhere and immediately be sleeping? Those draining days where all you want to do is fall in a heap and sleep? That would be today for me haha!

What about a day filled with tears? I know we've all experienced those days either through exhaustion, bad experience, loss or some other traumatizing life event...

I must admit, I often have a hard time staying focused on the important things in my life. There are so many distractions these days, both good and bad, that pull my thoughts away from what I should be spending time on into things I really should just not worry about at all... Let the chips fall where they may... STOP WORRYING (this is one I'm definitely getting better at but still creeps in every once and a while...)

Suffering, no one wants it but we all experience it on many levels, sometimes in seasons of pain and others just fleeting moments...

In any of these cases (or others for that matter) don't you just sometimes wish there was someone to defend you... Someone to speak up for your reputation and fight for you if necessary? And how many people who are brave enough to defend do we actually have in our lives? Not many!

Depressing blog, huh? Wait a minute, I'm turning this ship around! I read the answers to all of the above and have to share it! One answer for so many situations, how easy is that!? Now, just before the big reveal I do want to qualify that you actually have to absorb not just practice the answer on the surface... Also, It's not really a fix all but it definitely is a ease or help all... So in other words, it may not stop what you're dealing with but it will definitely make it easier on you! 

"I collapse in the dirt.  Revive me with your word!" Psalm 119:25

"I collapse from grief. Sustain me by your word!" Psalm 119:28

"Turn my eyes away from what is worthless! Revive me with your word!" Psalm 119:37

"I am suffering terribly. Oh Lord, revive me with your word!" Psalm 119:107

"Fight for me and defend me! Revive me with your word!" Psalm 119:154

Pretty much this whole chapter is talking about God's word, reading it, understanding it, praying it and obeying it... And if we are missing any one of those we are not in a great spot... We must read the Word of God (Bible) daily, I mean why would we not if we have promises it will help us out when we just need to collapse we are so tired or when we are overwhelmed with grief or when we need to stay focused, when we suffer and need defence... Sounds kind of crazy to me to turn away from such a help!  But if you're having a hard time understanding what you're reading don't just skip through it, wade into it! If all else fails google a different translation to get some help! Pray the word of God over your life! I actually have an app on my iPhone that allows me to highlight verses in different colors and I use a specific color for verses I want to pray and frequently select that color during prayer so I can see all the scriptures I want to pray and go from there... This also will help your prayer life, I'm sure we've all had those times where we think we've been praying for an hour and when we look at the clock it's only been 13 minutes!? ha! Lastly, and probably most importantly, OBEY God's Word! Don't pick and choose what you are going to believe and obey out of the Bible, believe and obey the total Word! How can God respond to our praying the scriptures, how can He allow the scriptures to help us and guide us if we know something we are not obeying out of the same Book?

So this week, it's simple: Read, Understand, Pray & Obey = much help and relief in your life! So RUPO everyone!

No comments: