Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Declaration - POST 100!!!

Hi friends!  This is my 100th POST! YAAAY! (feel free to congratulate! haha!)  I was going to write this yesterday so I could have it posted earlier for you all to read but alas time ran out... And today isn't the best day I've had in a while but I'm looking past my feelings and making a declaration with you all that this is going to be a good life for me.

I know we can all get down, hey, I just cried on my lunch! haha! (before you all get super concerned just let me say it's mainly stress and a bunch of stupid little things and I'm usually not emotional but today my mum forced me into conversation and now I'm being a girl haha!) I know that sometimes things don't turn out as we wanted and everything seems so out of control we can't even help ourselves... But then again maybe that's the point, we aren't supposed to be helpers of self but we are to help others while allowing God to help us. 

I do think a lot of power lies in declaration and confidence... Maybe not even complete confidence in what is to become of the current circumstance but confidence it's only a current circumstance and even if it doesn't turn out to be completely alright and the way you planned it will turn out for your best. I've literally written dreams and prayers on the platform I stand on every Sunday and haven't seen them come to pass but each one is part of my declaration today, and they will happen.  Declaration can help in the current though and that's why I want to talk about it... I figured my 100th post should help us both and if you take this to heart and really declare it over your own life I'm betting it will help... The only thing I would like to add is that you not only declare it alone that you share it with others and declare it with God. Pray it and (if not completely now, eventually) believe it.

My declaration is inspired by a song by One Republic I currently love and more than that by the dreams I refuse to give up on.  In all honesty, seriousness and sincerity I do so declare:

"Sometimes there's airplanes (circumstance) I can' t jump out
Sometimes there's bull that don't work now
We all got our stories, but please tell me
What there is to complain about?
When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over
When everything is out you gotta take it in

Hopelessly
I feel like there might be something that I'll miss
Hopelessly
I feel like the window closes oh so quick
Hopelessly
I'm taking a mental picture of you now
'Cause hopelessly
The hope is we have so much to feel good about!

Oh, this has gotta be the good life
This has gotta be the good life
This could really be a good life, good life!
I say, "Oh, got this feeling that you can't fight
Like this city is on fire tonight (My aside here is that you would think in the spiritual, your city on fire for God!)
Oh, this has gotta be the good life
This has gotta be the good life
This could really be a good life, good life!"

And the truth is, while I may not have a clue what's going on in life I'm still left with no complaint because I get to know God. I know His heart toward me. I know He loves me enough to die for me. And I know he has great plans for my life! Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  And I know He feels the same for you! John 3:16 "For God so loved the world" (the whole World) "that he gave his one and only Son..." John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life..." So just declare it! Declare God's plan for you to be fulfilled, don't be mousey about it, He's in control so it's good, declare with Him and I this has gotta be a good life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good a life :) and a GREAT Blog!!! I truely believe God has a plan for us all. I can't wait to see what they are :) Congrats on the 100th! Party for the 200th ;)

Stacey Bustard said...

As always, you are exactly right. You have to stop making cry. Haha :) luv ya. Xoxo