Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Old Spice Man and Now Dairy Queen

Oh my goodness, I'm such a bad blogger lately!  Monday no real post from me (but I really did feel you all should read my cousin's blog and from what I hear it was enjoyed) and now it's getting late into the evening of the usual Blog Thursday and I am just starting to type! I'm sorry, I still love you all and I will try to do better for you :oP
image

Anyway... Have you all seen the latest Dairy Queen commercials! Ugh! They are so annoying... I'm always just left thinking who comes up with this and why do they think this will help sales!? Now, I realize I have no idea what their sales are or if they've actually increased after these commercials but really enough already, SO ANNOYING!

You'll be surprised to hear I actually got inspired to write a blog from the last DQ commercial I saw... You know, the air on is chest that spells out what he's saying one! haha!  Seriously though, I got thinking about their infamous line "GOOD ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!" How that applies to me... Of course you know with me one thought triggers the next and I also thought about a couple of scriptures in Matthew 25 that say the exact same thing "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." I was thinking about how the one true goal of my life is to hear those words cross the lips of Jesus when He sees me standing before His throne... But He's not going to say those words just because I'm good... It's a two part quest we have to fulfill and yes, the "good" is part of it, you know, the making the right choices, doing good for people, living the life of a good person, doing something for the good of the Kingdom of God... But we cannot forget the "faithful!" Doing what's right continuously, making those right choices over and over even when the outcome seemed to fail in the past, choosing to do good things for people even when they don't appreciate it, living out and practicing what you believe without allowing bitterness and hypocrisy to creep in and not just doing a couple of good things for the Kingdom of God but committing every part of every action to do good for His Kingdom!

This Christian life isn't about "accepting Jesus as your savior" He is your saviour whether you choose to accept it or not, someone can give you a blood transfusion to save your life but if you won't allow the medical staff to proceed you will have not accepted their saving act they would have still been a saviour, you just refused your life to be saved.  This Christian life isn't about being good enough to deserve heaven, we can't be that good anyway.  Neither is it about biding your time doing nothing, so afraid to falter you refuse your future. Being a "Christian" according to the first use of the word about the first followers of Christ literally means to be a "little Christ." It was meant as an insult back then but it was because the first followers were so faithfully committed to His ways they were seen practically as carbon copies of Jesus... They were  maybe not perfect, they may have faltered but they always got back up and they would never shut-up, telling anyone who would hear how he changed their lives and would change the lives of anyone who came into contact with His spirit!  So, common now, let's get back to our roots and be actually "Christians!" Let's be "little Christ's" faithfully following His every step doing not only what He requires but even those things He recommends... Really trusting in His promises and committing to His ways...

"Get insurance with God and do a good deed, settle down and stick to your last. Keep company with God, get in on the best. Open up before God, keep nothing back; he'll do whatever needs to be done: He'll validate your life in the clear light of day and stamp you with approval at high noon" Psalm 37:4-6.

 "Put God in charge of your work, then what you've planned will take place"
Proverbs 16:3.

People, GOOD ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! Let's live for Christ as Christ! Go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Put God in charge of your work, then what you've planned will take place"
Proverbs 16:3.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS