Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Right Reaction

I'm a pretty healthy person, all in all, but sometimes when it comes to direction in my own life I feel blind!  There are 2 choices and both seem good to me so which one should I go with, without knowing the future how do I know which choice is better... When I do figure out which choice is best for me how should I approach it?  When Jesus speaks to me how should I respond, what is "the right reaction?"


I was reading a story about a blind man in Mark 10:49-52 the other night and found the answer I've been looking for so I thought you might want to know what I've found!  I believe if we follow the actions of the blind man in this story we can ALL have our miracle, healing, recovery of whatever we have lost and promises!  I'll explain the what the steps to "the right reaction" are but first here is the story I read:

49 Jesus stopped and said, "Call for him." So they called out to the blind man, "Cheer up! Get up on your feet! Jesus is calling for you." 50 He threw his coat to one side. Then he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. 51 "What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him. The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to be able to see."  52 "Go," said Jesus. "Your faith has healed you." Right away he could see. And he followed Jesus...



The right response:


THROW THE COAT!  The coat  represents whatever may get in the way of you getting to God, whatever may weigh you down or distract you by it's bulk. Look at what is a danger for tripping and get rid of it!  You wouldn't run down the street with a coat dragging on the street making you stumble so don't do that spiritually!  When God shows you things that are slowing you up, dragging you down and causing you to be unsteady on the move; don't hesitate, throw those things away from your life! Getting rid of the bulk and distractions in our life is the first step to getting closer to God, it's a process that we will most likely never complete fully but keep peeling back the layers of distraction until we can run to God and not worry about falling on our face before we are within His reach!  Let's do that right now through repentance (a complete turn around, a change of mind, heart and intended direction) from whatever the things in our lives we know hold us back and a sincere search of our lives to rid ourselves of the dangers of distractions! 

"Jesus, I know you've been showing me things that are keeping my time tied up and away from spending it with you, thank you for loving me enough to help me realize what I'm doing wrong!  Forgive me for not acting on cleaning and myself up and freeing my time up for you sooner.  I intend on making today the first day of getting closer to you and this is my first step toward you."


JUMP UP! Be excited, know YOUR TIME IS HERE! Don't hesitate or lallygag, jump at whatever chance the Lord is giving you!  Your year is here, get to God as quickly as you can!

"God, thank you for the plans you have for my life! I am responding to your promises right now with no hesitation, I believe Jesus, help the parts of me that haven't been quick to believe in the past.  Today is the day I doubt no more!  I believe your plans for my life are greater than even I can imagine and that you are able to make them happen!  I'm so glad you have chosen me!  You are so awesome in my eyes and I lift you up in my life!"

GO TO JESUS! Remember it's not u who will do the work alone, you need His help so go to Him and let Him help you!  He is standing there, waiting for you to come to Him, watching your every move with anticipation your next step will be in His direction!

"I take this time to get myself back on the road to where you are, Jesus, I'm running toward your heart!  I love you and even if it is one shaky step at a time I will continuously walk with you from this day on!  I want to be with you and I will take all the steps I am able to be in your presence everyday."




ASK for what you want!  Be specific in asking...  We show our faith that Jesus can perform a miracle sometimes simply by asking him for the miracle!  Matthew 7:7-8 "Be direct. Ask for what you need. This isn't a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in! For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Luke 11:9-10 "Here's what I'm saying: Ask and you'll get; Seek and you'll find; Knock and the door will open! Everyone who asks will receive. He who searches will find. And the door will be opened to the one who knocks."  I'm not preaching "name it and claim it" but if you have a promise from God or you know his will in a situation, for heaven's sake and for your own, ASK!  Matthew 16:17-19 "...On this rock..." (the revelation of Jesus being God and the power in his name) "...I will build my church. The gates of hell will not be strong enough to destroy it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. What you lock on earth will be locked in heaven. What you unlock on earth will be unlocked in heaven."  Asking unlocks your miracle; you may have to ask more than once but keep asking and fighting for what God holds in store for your life!

"Jesus, I have unfulfilled promises from you in my life... I know there are reasons of timing and hold-ups of my own mistakes but God, I want you to unlock those promises in my life!  Jesus, I lock up all I and/or other people have done to stand against your work in my life and Jesus, I unlock you will for me!  I unlock blessing and favor over myself, my church, my family, my friends, my blog readers and my City! YOUR Kingdom come Lord and YOUR will be done, in Jesus' name!"

FOLLOW JESUS Perhaps most important of all, once Jesus gives you your miracle follow him!  Don't just walk away and be happy with one encounter with the miraculous, stay with it, learn from it, increase your faith for it and SHARE IT!  If you stay around Jesus and create a relationship with him through following His word, talking to him, asking him questions, being quiet and listening to what He is trying to tell you then you will eventually be able to share in His ministry...  Helping other people get to their miracle, teaching others how to get closer to Him and show them where to find Him (if you're walking with Him they will see Him with you!)

"Jesus I know even if I don't see the promise today you are working on something for my future and I thank you for your marvelous works!  I worship you now, before my miracle is visible to me.  I worship you now, after so many miracles in my past, after you proving your love for me on the Cross, after you reaching for my heart through people you have set in my life, through circumstances around me and through your word!  God, I will do what I know you want me to do now and commit to continuing in your ways in the future.  Let my actions now be witness to you that I will continue to move closer to you and follow your word in the future!  Where you go, I will follow.  What you ask me for, I will give even when it's difficult.  I will also try my best to pay attention to what I think will make you happy and do those things even in advance of you asking.  I love you so much, you are the best thing in my life and I don't ever want to be without you!  Thank you for your promise to never leave or forsake me, to be with me until the end;  I will keep myself following in the footsteps of your word and keep my eyes on you to follow you closely!

Jesus help every one who reads this blog get a taste of your love for them!  Open their eyes to what they can do today to take a step closer to you.  Give them courage and strength to make that step!  Love on them God!  Surprise them with a special blessing from you, a love note from heaven!  Whisper comfort, healing and life into their lives and situations!  Help me to pay forward all the love and encouragement your have lavished one me.  I commit to doing something unexpected and uplifting for someone I see (whether I know them personally or not; whether small deeds or large) by the end of this week! Amen."

So, if you haven't already, go back an pray the prayers at the end of every action step with me!  Let's follow the pattern of "the right response" together and, once we get what we are after, follow Him so we can pay it forward to someone else!


PS. once you get what you're after there should be a developed hunger for more!  You can't live off of one meal physically and you can't live off of one touch from the hand of God spiritually, you will become dependant on Him, addicted to His presence and that is the perfect way to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Blog has Blown me away! I think this is my favorite one of all. Actually I know it is. It actually brought me back to when I was soo close to God. I was always thirsty for more enlightenment. I was soo happy back then. Just reading this gives me that thirst back that I once had. It was the best feeling in the world! I miss it and want it back for good.

Faithy's Thots said...

well said SueAnne!