Thursday, February 28, 2013

Planned Preclusion

Hi honeys, did you think I had forgotten about you all today!? No, just busy at work! End of the month craziness and all... Although, I have to admit, I somehow did let writing slip my mind for the past 2 hours since work... Which, considering I thought about it the whole way home is strange. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I should be writing about tonight... I've had a few ideas but none seem "great." Here's the thing, God has been so good to me I just have to share something! First, I have a suggestion for you: download the "Jesus Calling" app by Sarah Young... It's a devotional app and although I'm not too into that sort of thing normally, they are just a couple of paragraphs each and the couple I've read so far have really great thoughts to them.

Now onto the actual post... A few weeks ago something happened to me I didn't like at all... Someone with authority over me limited me! There was something I wanted to do and for some reason I wasn't chosen to participate in the way I wanted... And worse yet, other people who really couldn't have cared either way were given more responsibilities than I! Ugh! I speak a good two weeks trying not to think of it too much but we all knows what happens when you try not to think about something... That's right, think about it even more.  I actually even got a little (take a deep breath and buckle up, it's confession time) angry.  I didn't understand at all and it felt really personal because I couldn't come up with any other reason... I even prayed about it and nothing changed. I whined a little to God about not understanding why He wouldn't change it, take care of it for me and made sure He knew I wanted Him to and it wasn't too late for Him to come to His senses. (I was a little too big for my britches at this point...) and instead of what I expected to happen, God stayed silent.

So the time came around for me to watch others doing what I wished I could do.  I was watching the place I wanted to step into be filled by others... And then something happened: God spoke.  He spoke alright, He spoke conviction into my heart and changed my perspective.  See the thing is, I wasn't doing what I wanted to be doing at all, I was doing even more! I wasn't standing in the spot I wanted but the place I was meant to be. Not exactly what I planned but definitely what He planned.  And that's where I realized that God had answered my prayer, He had taken care of it... Just not how I thought, in fact, he had taken care of it before I even knew what He had done... Probably before I prayed.  I did have to step out of the one space I wanted but I gained so much more territory I hadn't even noticed was there and didn't think I could have! God is so awesome!

I still don't know why I didn't get chosen for the responsibility I thought I wanted but it doesn't even matter to me! Even if the person in authority over you is holding you back on purpose God can make another way, a better way... God won't allow anyone to take away from you anything He has planned or promised you! Trust in his love for you, if it was enough to drive Him to Calvary it is enough for Him to turn it around for you! The motives of others don't matter, anything or anyone trying to hold you back is inconsequential to His promise, who is too strong for God!?

So, no matter where you are or where you think you're not... No matter what you have planned that seems to be falling apart... No matter what you've asked/told God He should do that you're not seeing any progress in... There's only one thing you need to know... His ways really aren't our ways but it's because His ways are so much better for us! His plans are greater for us than we can even imagine! Our minds don't dare to tread on the territory He has waiting for us to overtake! Trust His heart, trust His promises, trust His intentions and plans for your life! He is going to work things out even better than you could plan for yourself! Trust in His ways!

Isaiah 55:8&9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

Jeremiah 29:11&12 " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

Psalm 40:5 "Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare."
9

No comments: